也许天意如此，今天正是七月四日。你们将再次为自由而战，不是为了反抗暴政或迫害——而是避免被消灭。 我们为活着的权利而战，为了继续生存。 如果我们能够胜利，七月四日将不再只是美国的节日，而是世人一同宣誓之日： “我们不会束手就擒。 我们不会任人宰割。 我们要继续生存。 我们会渡过难关。” 今天，我们要庆祝我们的独立日！
- In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind. Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.
We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July; and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive." Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!
Stephen Hiller (韋史密夫飾)编辑
- "Look, I really don't think they flew ninety billion light years to come down here and start a fight, and get all rowdy."
- "That's right! Thats what you get! Look at you! Ship all banged up! Who's the man? Who's the man?! Wait until I get another plane! I am going to line up all your friends right beside you!"
- "Welcome to Earth!"
- "Now that's what I call a close encounter."
- "I'm just a little anxious to get up there and whip E.T.'s ass, that's all."
- "Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here, draggin' your heavy ass, through the burnin' desert, with your dreadlocks sticking out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? (kicks alien) I could've been at a barbecue! ..but I ain't mad."
- 「我今天本來可放假的...但給你這隻混蛋弄得沒假放...還要用降落傘拖著你笨重的軀體...在酷熱的沙漠上前進...他媽的這是什麼氣味? (踢打外星人) 我原本還可以去燒烤啊! ..但我不是瘋子。」
Russel Casse (Randy Quaid)编辑
- "I picked a helluva day to quit drinkin'."
- "In the words of my generation: Up Yours!"
- "Hello boys, I'm Baaaack!"
- 「外星人! 我回來了!」
Thomas Whitmore (Bill Pullman)编辑
- "Gentlemen! Let's plow the road!"
- "I'm a fighter pilot, Will. I belong in the air."
- "Isn't it amazing how fast everyone can turn against you."
- "Good morning.. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom...Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution...but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"
- 「各位早晨。在一小時內，這裡的空軍會與其他國家的軍隊結盟，你們將會進行人類史上最大規模的戰爭。『人類』這個詞，在今天將是新的意義，我們不再有偏見，我們團結一致，今天是7月4日，我們再次為自由而戰，不是去推翻暴政、反抗強權、迫害、抓捕，而是為了人類的存亡。我們為人類存活的權利而戰，無論如何一定要贏。7月4日這個日子，將不再只是美國的國慶日，也是全球的宣言，『我們不會坐以待斃! 我們要決一死戰!』。我們要生存! 我們要活下去! 今天在此慶祝我們的獨立日吧!」
- "It's the real thing! A radio signal from another world!" - SETI工作人員
- "They don't let us out much." - Doctor Oaken
- "Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!" - Captain Jimmy Wilder
- "Two words mister president: Plausible deniability." - Albert Nimzicki
- "Our official position is: We don't have an official position." - Connie Spano